Thursday, October 05, 2006

Subject to Change. "Humility"

Today unlike many other days I sat down at my keyboard piano. (it's a nice Yamaha, but it doesn't have weighted keys, I'd really like weighted keys). God gave me a song. I know it sounds too simple but it’s true, I was shaking, I’m still shaking, my hands are quivering. I can’t stop thinking, God is speaking to me. I can’t stop singing the song either. The message is simple and I know not original, Paul talks about it. Christians are intended to change. We are meant to change, the world depends on us changing. God is constant, pure, holy, everlasting, and before we meet Him we are the opposite, but when we meet him our soul changes, but the stuff on the outside takes a while. We don’t like to change, change is difficult, so often we remain the same on the outside while God has changed our inside. All week I’ve been dealing with this battle, I’m full of pride, and when I walk down the halls of my school I put people down. Now I used to not care about this attitude, but the HS kept telling me it was wrong (change it he’d say) now I care, but I can’t stop doing it. There’s all kinds of things I do that need changing, God persistently challenges me, and I believe this is the difference. I either worship God and become subject to change... according to His likeness or I fall back to worshipping myself, choosing to worship my decisions, my attitudes, my lifestyle, me.

And so the way of Jesus is humility, we must die to ourselves, to me mentality, we are to reflect Christ by living as servants to God, our neighbors, enemies, and yes even our loved ones.

No comments: