Tuesday, June 02, 2009

The Blurr...

I was talking with a friend of mine after church in our churches gym during our volunteer appreciation bbq (which by the way I made a mess of because I didn't think to get the bbq's and burgers started early - I just figured we'd all eat by 12:30... That's not what everyone else was figuring... anyways we endend up eating by 12:30 just as I had thought). But back to my conversation with a friend he said something that stuck... it was "you'll never get the last weeks back... you'll be lucky if you remember them"



2 weeks ago I became a dad. And it's been a blurr. Fact is you'll never get any moment back. But in some senses you never loose them. I'll never forget that 12:30 wake-up call as Julie's water broke and we rushed to the hospital. I'll never loose those many hours of watching Julie go through painful labor, and I'll never loose that memory of holding Rowan in my arms for the first time, cutting the ambilical cord... crazy stuff. And as I looked into his eyes I knew we didn't have a whole lot to do with making this boy.

No comments: