Monday, November 18, 2013

My mom tells me when I was a kid I loved the song "This is the Day". She says I would wake up singing this song, often my character was joyful, hopeful and grateful. There is simplicity and rest in these words. "This is the day, this is the day that the Lord has made. I will rejoice, I will rejoice and be glad in it" (Psalm 118:24). Yesterday was Zyan and Ana's 3rd and 1st birthday party. I woke up grumpy, maybe you could even say mean. We had decorated the night before, with balloons on the chairs, streamers, a strip of paper down the center of the dinning table with the words Happy Birthday Ana and Zyan. Before church Julie went out to get some bread for lunch, I got the kids their cereal. Quickly things started to get a bit crazy, I was trying so hard to keep everything looking nice that at one point I yelled at Rowan, all he wanted to do was write his name on the paper beside his siblings. Eventually God got to me and convicted me of the moment and the memories I was creating, I brought the boys in close and apologized to them. The thing is I often wake up grumpy, I often find myself ashamed of the memories I'm making. I am soo grateful for God, for His voice and the grace to start new each day. God so desires to restore all things, to make all things beautiful, Jesus wants to cover over every part of us and our lives.

This morning I started the day differently. I began by playing the song "Praise the Lord" by The City Harmonic. Here are it's lyrics.

Praise the Lord, when it comes out easy
Praise the Lord on top of the world
Praise the Lord 'cause in every moment Jesus Christ is Lord
Even in the middle of the joys of life There is always grace enough today to Praise the Lord
Praise the Lord with the world on your shoulders
Praise the Lord when it seems too hard
Praise the Lord 'cause in every moment Jesus Christ is Lord
Even in the middle of the long dark night There is always grace enough today to Praise the Lord

May you hear His voice today and walk in His grace in such a way that Jesus is central to memories you end up creating.

No comments: