Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Getting to know Jesus

Recently our church has begun a series called "the story". Each week together from the children to adults we are going through the bible story by story. It's been pretty cool watching Zyan begin to get excited about God. I've been praying for Zyan pretty much every night as I do for Rowan and Ana, that they would grow to be people who know and love Jesus, that Jesus would be central to their lives. Recently I've seen Zyan respond to Jesus as Jesus pursues his heart. Zyan decided he wanted his own Bible. We gave him one of our children's bible, and Zyan has slept with it beside his bed for the past week. Tonight Zyan wanted to read the bible together. We read out of "the story" bible, the story of Jesus calming the sea. Zyan was soo interested, asking questions about Jesus. Many times before I had talked with Zyan about inviting Jesus into his heart, inviting Jesus to be with Him, to be His friend forever. Typically Zyan wouldn't be that interested, or he'd just be kinda interested just for me. But tonight I sensed a change so I told him about Jesus' love for him, I asked him if he'd like Jesus in his heart, he said yes. He then prayed that Jesus "be in his heart, be with him forever". It was great. Zyan is getting to know my Jesus, my greatest friend, the one that constantly pursues me. Tonight was one step closer to my dream for my children. May Zyan become his namesake "a man who by his relationship with Christ bring's heaven here"

No comments: